A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Photography of Ronny Jaques

Marlon Brando, 1947

A friend of mine was nice enough to present me with the book Stolen Moments: The Photographs of Ronny Jaques, curated by Pamela Fiori, who at the time of publication (2008) was editor-in-chief of Town and Country. Lovely photographs abound - particularly for those with an interest in men's style icons of the 1940s-1960s.


Hoagy Carmichael, 1947.


Duke Ellington, 1940s.


The Duke & Duchess of Windsor, 1940s.


Cary Grant, 1940s.

I wasn't familiar with Jaques before this, but I'm glad the oversight has been corrected. Jaques' body of work, as detailed in this photographic history, is impressive. Fiori's book is well-worth picking up, in my opinion, if you're looking for some sartorial inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment