A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Tuesday, June 24, 2014

More Hats from New Orleans - Goorin Bros.




If Meyer the Hatter is old-school New Orleans (you can see my post here), then Goorin Bros. is the trendy little  upstart down the street - in the French Quarter, to be exact. Goorin Bros. has some history of its own, but I believe its a relative newcomer to New Orleans.




A photograph of  Ben Silver, father-in-law of Alfred Goorin, Sr.

Meyer had classic panamas and straw fedoras from some of the more recognizable names, which are more to my liking. But Goorin Bros. had a kaleidoscope of headwear on display. The quality appeared to be decent, and the prices were a fraction of what one would pay for a Borsalino.



All-in-all, a nice-looking shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment