A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Saturday, August 1, 2015

Special Delivery! More Apparel Arts



Usually when I arrive at work, I'm hoping not to find any unexpected deliveries at my door. This 30 pound box was different though! It's been awhile since I've purchased copies of Apparel Arts from my source, so I decided to splurge a bit. These are primarily from 1933 and 1934 and feature some great Lawrence Fellows artwork and original fabric swatches in pristine condition. I'll try to post some random pictures in the next few weeks of some of the amazing advertisements and articles from the issues. I have a group shot of my entire AA collection that I'll try to post soon as well.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog recently while doing some research on the Apparel Arts books. There was a dealer at the recent July Brimfield market who had several copies. I can't remember the dealer's name but he had some great stuff! Finding good men's vintage can be very hard. I was going to pick up one of the books until I found out the price. :( Sadly too rich for my wallet but what a fantastic resource for men's wear! The dealer was very nice and allowed me to take some pictures of the books. I'll be posting them to my blog at some point. Looking forward to reading more of your posts! You have a great blog!
    -Emily
    Emily's Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      Thanks for checking out the blog! I've heard about the Brimfield market but have never been myself - I should probably put it on my list of things to check out soon. Yes, Apparel Arts books are getting harder and harder to find, especially in good condition with pages and fabric swatches intact. I try to pick them up when I can - certainly a bit pricey but the demand keeps the prices high, I suppose. Let me know when you've posted your pics, I'd love to see them!
      Best,
      Dan (An Uptown Dandy)

      Delete